Within this theme, analysis is conducted on the social, cultural, and economic networks that connect cities around the world. It examines the role that global cities play as multicultural spaces and as ‘stepping stones’ for new migrants and develops new ways to understand inter-urban flows.
- Analysis of the distribution of economic activities within cities over time
- Analysis of the flows of capital and resources between cities on a global scale
- Focus on global financial flows and their impacts on property markets
- Develop new ways of understanding inter-urban flows using social network analysis
- Analysis of the ways that resources, manufacturing and services all shape economic outcomes in cities
- Analysis of the social, cultural, and economic networks that connect cities around the world